If taking a vacation in the vibrant Mother City, Cape Town, the answer is most definitely yes! There are a vast number of vegetarian restaurants and cafes offering great vegetarian dishes! We’ve compiled a quick list of a few places not to be missed!
• Krishna's Pure Vegetarian Cuisine - their legendary lentil biryanis are a lunch staple for vegans visiting Cape Town.
• Bella Vegan - their vegan pita pockets are a must but be sure to visit Tuesday – Sunday as unfortunately, they're closed on Mondays.
• Govinda's Natural Food Café - Look for the Hare Krishna Centre and you'll find this cosy café serving mainly Indian fare.
• SOPHEA Gallery and Tibetan Teahouse - a great place, absolutely bright with positive energy, they offer vegan, vegetarian and lacto-vegetarian options in the Tibetan style. Their masala chai are a must-try!
• Lola's – this popular spot is a favourite among hip and fashionable Capetonians, be sure to schedule a visit as it comes highly recommended.
• Quensh - this cool and contemporary vegetarian and organic haven offers more than just vegetarian fare, they also have a great range of fresh organic produce.
While not totally vegetarian in the strictest sense of the word, the following great places offer hearty, tasty menus:
• Addis in Cape – a unique dining experience offering authentic Ethiopian dishes with vegetarian options.
• Gold Restaurant - drop by at night for their interactive drumming experience followed by great entertainment you'll remember long after your South African vacation is over!
• Rooti’s Cape Malay Restaurant - try the veggie curry for a taste of vegetarian with a traditional Cape Malay touch.
• Mama Afrika – a Cape Town institution offering an awesome African vegan stew!
To start planning your African vacation of a lifetime, contact the Southern Africa Travel team today!