As you know, Southern Africa Travel is a big supporter of Uthando South Africa and we were pleased to receive an update on their very busy year:
"Dear Southern Africa Travel Team, thank you for your wonderful support in 2011. Uthando continues to bring people together in so many unique and different ways, creating a consciousness of love and understanding. Please continue to help us grow and expand our influence in 2012. With Regards James & Charlene"
Here are a few highlights and achievements from a very busy 2011.....
- In May 2011 we held The Uthando Benefit Concert which was an enourmous success with all projects receiving amazing exposure to the tourism industry. Many of our projects have now generated significant income through performances at toursim functions.
- Happy Feet Youth Project - Construction of a Happy Feet Youth Centre in the Langa Township.
- Jikeleza Dance Project - Skills development/self-esteem weekend courses were held for more than 50 of the female students.
- Kiddies Educare - The building of a day care centre will be completed before the end of 2011.
- Khumbulani Centre - Grassroots Education Trust weekend camp for more than 100 children.
These are just a few of the many achievements made by Uthando South Africa this year, and we at Southern Africa Travel wish them all the best for 2012 with our continued support.