Philanthropy, Sustainable Tourism & Travel
At Southern Africa Travel we are committed to changing lives through travel. Africa’s scenery, big skies, wildlife and warm-hearted people can ignite a spark that makes you feel truly alive. And as much as travel has the power to change you, so your travels can make a meaningful contribution to the lives of people in the countries that you visit.
What We Do
We are involved with a number of philanthropic organisations, but three in particular lie close to our hearts. The first, Uthando (Love) South Africa, is a Cape Town-based NGO that supports a broad range of community projects. Then there's the Pack for a Purpose initiative which is encapsulated in its slogan: “Small Space. Little Effort. Big Impact.”. And most recently we launched our Travel with a Purpose programme for more hands-on involvement in community and conservation projects.
- Partner with responsible tourism organisations that are doing great work uplifting local communities
- Make a per person donation to Jikeleza Dance for every client the travels with us (find out more about Jikeleza)
What You Can Do
- Book a cultural tour or private daytrip through our partner Uthando South Africa
- Find out what useful supplies you can bring on your travels through Pack for a Purpose
- Get involved in a conservation or community project supported by Travel with a Purpose
All you need to do is tell your African travel specialist which of the above most interests you, and she will suggest ways to build it into your itinerary.